Friday, May 23, 2014

X-MEN: Days of Future Past

Hey, everyone welcome to another edition to Phil Goes to the Movies, and I hope everyone really likes the new lay out of the blog. I want to thank an amazing woman I was blessed with for giving a woman's touch, and making this blog prettier on the eyes. Thank you sweet heart, I love you! Today, I return to review another super hero title. This is the second of the superhero movie block busters coming out this summer. Did it make me rejoice in its victory, or did I want to back in time to stop myself from ever seeing this movie? Lets dive in:



 X-MEN: Days of Future Past- Ok, when i saw this trailer back in January, I couldn't wait to see this movie. The songs chosen for it stirred emotion and got me amped up. Because when i was younger, three comics i loved to read were Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, and X-MEN. Well, the casts from both the X-MEN trilogy and the newer X-MEN: Origin movies come to together in this film. I love everyone they chose to play the characters on the silver screen. I love it even more they are the same people for the last 10 years still playing this parts. So important for any kind of sequel to successfully work, so they were already on the right track.

The plot, real simple, is humanity created Sentinels to defeat the mutant threat once and for all, but the Sentinels designed to protect the human race turned on them. Now they have declared war on both human and mutant alike. Due to the fact that humans give birth to mutants, therefore, logic dictates destroy them all to wipe the threat for good. The surviving mutants devise a plan to send someone back in time to stop this terrible future from ever existing.

There was some really powerful scenes when the Sentinels were just unleashing on the mutants, and killing them just brutally. You felt the hopelessness they portrayed as each hero was being struck down one by one. The acting was top notch, and there were a lot of laughs here and there between characters with playful banter. Unfortunately, I can't go too deep about the things in this movie because it might give things away!

The only thing I had a problem with, and this is very small and very trivial. Kitty Pride aka Shadowcat, some how had the ability to send someone's conscience back into the past. I was unaware she had this "ability", but like i said its only something me as a fan had a problem with... so I'm just sharing as a fan.

Final Verdict- 9/10, it was hands down the best X-MEN movie to date. Brian Singer returning as director was the best thing for this franchise. I highly recommend for everyone to see this in theaters whenever they are able too.

More movies to come this summer block buster season, and I will be there for all of them for you guys. This way you know which movies are worth your hard earned money! For now this is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment