Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Neighbors

Hey everyone and welcome to another edition to Phil Goes to the Movies... today, I went to see one of the first comedies of the summer block buster season. Now, comedies, much like horror films are a tricky genre, and I'll tell you why that is... Majority of the time you see all the good stuff in the previews, and you're left with trash for the rest of the film. Now did this movie leave me with trash, or did I enjoy hanging out with my neighbors? Lets found out as we dive into this review:



Neighbors- Okay, so the people that brought you, "This is the End," which I loved, brings us their newest comedy. Now, I remember seeing the trailer thinking i have to see this movie. The moment that sold me was when I saw Seth Rogen, being launched into the air by something attached to his office chair. Plus when I went to see the movie opening night, it was sold out, and other websites gave this movie great reviews. I was really ready to sit down and laugh my ass off!

The plot pretty simple, this fraternity, Delta PSI moves into the house next door to a couple, played by Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne. They try approaching the frat boys by trying to be cool and edgy, but they come off corny and well I'll say it "OLD." A some what understanding is made, but the frat boys proceed to shit all over it. In turn making the couple call the cops on them due to the noise from too much partying. This sets the tone for the entire film! Shenanigans ensue!

I was expecting to laugh my ass off, and I got a few giggles, and laughs here and there. At no time did I have one of those gut busting laughing spells, where you can't breathe and tear up from laughing so hard. When I watched "21 Jumpstreet", this happened multiple times during the movie, but not during "Neighbors" not at all. For starters, I really didn't give two shits about the main couple. They had shit chemistry, and well maybe its me, but I'm kinda getting tired of Seth Rogen. He's been playing the same freaking guy for like 10 years now! I dunno, maybe all the hype ruined the movie for me, because I was expecting a ton more from this film. Instead, all I got was a drunken frat boy taking a shit on my chest as I slept AKA a real stinker!


Final Verdict- 5/10, its an average comedy at best. I mean, you could wait for it to come out on DVD, or you could go see it in theaters. I feel its a one time watch, yet this film is very forgettable with nothing making it stick out in your mind or any kind of quotable lines.


That's all for now, there are four more titles coming out this month alone, I'm really looking forward too, "Godzilla", "X-Men: Days of Future Past", "Maleficent", and "A Million Ways to Die in the West." I'll be there to review them all! For now this is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment