Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Hey, everyone, welcome back to another edition of Phil Goes to the Movies, and today I am reviewing the second comedy to come out this summer blockbuster season. These are tricky genres due to majority of time people see all the good parts in the trailers. Now did i enjoy this movie, or did I hope to die in the west from this stink fest? Lets find out as we dive in:



A Million Ways to Die in the West- I did have high hopes for this movie as I went to see it, because I laughed every time I saw the trailers for it. When the movie began I found it pretty funny, but then I noticed a pattern during the film. It was Seth MacFarlane dropping "F bombs" and setting up the next joke or pun. This formula works on family guy, but here I felt it didn't really work as well. Plus all the really really funny scenes I have already seen on the trailer, so my fears walking into the theater came true. I mean I enjoyed all the actors in the movie, but Seth needs to stick to voice acting with all his crazy voices.

The plot is really simple Seth MacFarlane is a sheep herder whom loses his wife to another man. Plus everyone seems to want to kill him over the silliest reasons. He uses wacky antics to resolve each encounter throughout the film. Then you watch some of the most gruesome death scenes as you see how people die in the west. Then he meets Charlize Theron, and she shows him the ways of the gun fighter as hes in a dual to the death with Liam Leeson's character.

I don't know thought the movie was funny at times it was lacking something, and i really couldn't put my finger on it. I thought the movie "Ted" was far better, and wished I enjoyed this film as much as that one. Oh well, I guess.


Final Verdict- 4.5/10 It was funny, but most of the best parts were already revealed. Some cool cameos through the film, which redeemed this movie at times, but honestly save your money and wait for cable or Netflix for this one.


Thats it for now as I go literally right now for breakfast and then go see "Maleficent" , so I can review that movie asap for you guys. This is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!



No comments:

Post a Comment