Friday, March 30, 2018

Ready Player One

This year has sooooo many movies coming this year, it's an exciting time to be a movie junkie. Here is a new type of science fiction movie. My wife and I decided to make it the first movie of the year for us. Was it a movie worth the admission price, or did I want a refund? Let find out:



Ready Player One- Last time I went to see a Steven Speilberg science fiction movie in theaters. I was extremely disappointed. That film was "A.I.", and that was a freaking train wreck. This movie I went unsure what to expect, but every time I saw a trailer I was glued to the screen. Plus, I read somewhere, it took a very long time for them to get the proper permission to use all of the characters their did for the avatars.

Plot- In the year 2045, the real world has become a very boring place, so a virtual world called the Oasis was created. People of all ages would log into this virtual reality to escape the pressures and dreary lives. The creator of the game passes away, and he tells the world if they can gather three keys inside the Oasis. That person would obtain his vast fortune, and complete control over the Oasis. Every player from across the globe begins hunting for the keys.

I absolutely loved this film from start to finish. Honestly, if nostalgia had a crotch, this movie would kick it in the balls four times over. Especially, the final scene, my head literally exploded from the overload of the avatars. They ranged from the ninja turtles to street fighter to Street Sharks. Who remembers Street Sharks? The only regret I have about this film is the fact I didn't see it in 3D. I am a firm believer in 3D being a rip off, but this movie actually needs it. Every action scene, I was completely enchanted by all the eye candy.

Final Verdict- 10/10, great choice to take the family, and you won't be disappointed paying the price of the expensive movie tickets nowadays.

So many movies coming out this year I can't wait. This is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!












No comments:

Post a Comment