Monday, May 26, 2014

Godzilla

Hey everyone welcome back to Phil Goes to the Movies, and today I am reviewing a nostalgic genre. The good old monster fights, destroying cities, and people running in a panic state. Oh, I loved those! Especially, "Godzilla" movies, and the cheesy special effects...oh, good times! Back in 1998, I went to see the Matthew Broderick version, and well it was a god damn disaster! This time I am hoping they got it right, lets find out as we dive into this review:



Godzilla- Well, went into this movie with high hopes... ok, first off I wanted to see Godzilla, not a movie about a soldier, played by Kick Ass himself, Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Following this guy around mostly, with his little love story...sigh!

The little kid inside me was like, "Time for monsters, yet?"

Movie replies, "Shut up! Watch the soldier! Monsters are coming!"

I only got to see glimpses of the monster until the final fight, which was the last 20 minutes of the movie, and by then I felt like it wasn't enough!

Bryan Cranston was shown to be this big character for the movie as he appears alot in the trailer. He has a few scenes, but again its mostly about the soldier... I felt like they were pushing Bryan Cranston in your face, and all the scenes from the fights in the last 20 minutes of the film to get you come see the movie! I guess they were trying to appeal to the "Pacific Rim" crowd, another shit movie, don't get me started on that one!


Final Verdict- 6/10, Honestly, wait until HBO or Netflix releases this, and save yourself your money! The characters were well acted, but i felt it needed something more... it was lacking! The final fight was amazing between the monsters, but it took too long for the movie to get there!


This is it for now, I kept this review short because there really wasn't much to say about this film. Next week "Maleficent" is coming out along with "A Million Ways to Die in the West", and I'll be there to review them. So this is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment