Friday, June 10, 2016

The Conjuring 2

Busy. Busy. Busy. I was able to see two movies today, so I'll be writing my other review later. For now, lets focus on the horror genre shall we. The first movie scared the crap out of me, and I rated it very high on the Final Verdict. Now sequels rarely live up to the original films, why you ask? I have no idea. The one spin off movie "Annabella" was trash, so I went into the theater with low expectations. Did this movie scare the hell out of me, or did they conjure up some garbage to make a quick buck? Lets dive in:


The Conjuring 2- Directed by, my new favorite horror director, James Wan. The same actors, Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson return to portray Lorraine and Ed Warren, a couple that assists in demonic and supernatural cases. Their most intense cases inspired these films, and I was terrified watching the original movie. It got to you psychologically, making it so successful. Main reason why I returned to see this sequel.




 Plot- We begin following the Warrens a few years after the first film. It was the year 1977, the Warrens were assisting in the Amityville killings. Here Lorraine gets a terribly haunting vision, so she asks Ed to stay away from the super natural for awhile. Unfortunately, they can't rest for too long before the church is asking them to go to Northern England to review a case for them. The Hodgsons are family of four children, and just the mother. The youngest daughter is being haunted by some evil spirit, wanting to possess her body. The Warrens attempt to help the family in saving their daughter from the demonic force.


I found myself jumping a lot during this movie; because there was very little down time at all, and it was terrifying scene after the next. There was one scene the whole theater jumped, my girlfriend wrenched my arm so bad she hyper extended my elbow. All directors should take notes from James Wan how to pace a movie to scare the shit out of you! It really tugged at your mind, and the tension was there from start to finish.


Final Verdict- 9.2/10, definitely recommend to see in theaters. This movie saved the franchise.


I have another review coming out tomorrow from the two movies I saw today. For now this is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment