Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Super Troopers 2

Just got back from a seeing a comedy in theaters...I know, I know, I swore I would never go see another comedy in theaters again; because, all the funny parts are always in the trailer. This movie I really felt was going to be different. Was I right, or should this movie be put into the fire? Lets find out:



Super Troopers 2- When "Super Troopers" hit theaters in 2001, it was a huge hit, and it put Broken Lizard Productions on the map. They went on to creating more movies, "Club Dread" and "Beerfest". Then there was the straight to DVD "Slammin' Salmon", it was my least favorite one out of the bunch. All of these movies became cult classics. Now we have a sequel to a movie made 17 years later.

Plot- Our main characters have found jobs outside the police force, due to an incident involving a ride along with Fred Savage, which never really explained until the credits of the movie, and our heroes are doing what they have to do to make a living. Due to a border conflict with USA and Canada, the borders of Vermont have moved north into Canada, so the mayor (Linda Carter) has decided to rehire our beloved goof balls as highway patrol again. Our heroes stumble onto a smuggling operation, and they are bound to crack the case with their shenanigans.

This movie was hands down one of the funniest movies I have seen this year. The entire cast returns to play the characters we adore. The movie slowed down a little bit in the middle, but it picked right back up again with the laughs. If you love the crude humor from the first "Super Troopers" then you're going to love this movie. Even though I laughed my butt off, ticket prices are steep nowadays, so if you have the extra cash, I say go ahead and see this film.

Final Verdict- 8/10

Can't wait to see "Avengers 3" this friday... This is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment