Monday, December 28, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Hey everyone, back again for another review and this time, and I'm here to give my honest opinion on a movie genre stretching over 37 years. Plus, many people could take everything i say way too seriously. Well, without anymore wasted time lets find out if the force was strong with this newest film in this franchise:


Star Wars: The Force Awakens-


I have been watching the Star wars movies all my life. I remember seeing "Return of the Jedi" for the first time when I was nine years old on HBO. Now, 28 years later, this movie basically beats you over the head with nostalgia many parts of the film. Ranging from the Millennium Falcon being  revealed under the tarp to R2D2 beeping away.

Plot- Luke Skywalker has exiled himself somewhere in the universe after he feels guilty from hia students being slaughtered. Everyone is looking for him, either in this time of need the Rebels need his help, or the Sith want to wipe out the last remaining Jedi. A bunch of events that bring together two young people, where they make their own choices, and find out they have great things in their future.

I truly enjoyed the movie, I did, but there were a few things that did bother me. Well, one, the movie is pretty much a remake of "A New Hope." Secondly, where the hell did, the villain find Darth Vader's helmet? Wasn't it burned and destroy in the fire? Thirdly, how easily they took down the new battle station. Lastly, besides the villain being a boy with daddy issues, being a trained person with the force, and how the two heroes were able to go toe to toe with him in a light saber battle. Pretty sad in my opinion.

The acting though was amazing... you truly felt the emotions this time around. None of this grain of sands talk... The moments between the characters was truly well done....

Final Verdict, 8/10, its a great movie, just because of the things that bothered me, doesn't mean it wasn't good. It's worth to see in theaters.

More movies to come... This is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

2 comments: