Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Poltergeist (2015)

Hey everyone, I've been so busy since the last movie I saw in theaters, I haven't been able to get to a movie. I made time for the remake of one of the scariest movies of my childhood. Did it scare the crap out of me or was the real poltergeist, the movie theater for stealing my money? Lets find out:



Poltergeist (2015)- Well, its the remake NO ONE asked for, but "it's here" because Hollywood has definitely run out of ideas at this point in time. Steven Spielberg has made movie classics, and to remake one of his best films takes balls.... really does! I remember this movie leaving an impression on me when I was younger.

Plot- Nothing really to say because if you have seen the original you know the plot. If have no idea what this movie is...well, it is about a family moving into a home, which turns out was built on top of an old cemetery, and unrestful spirits come to take the youngest daughter to help them pass over to the other side. The family hires paranormal investigators to help locate and bring their daughter back.

The movie felt really rushed. The original takes it time setting the stage, building up tension the entire time. The best way to explain this is this, the original is like a couple in their 30's, taking their time making love. The remake is like two horny teenagers banging away ending in seconds. The remake was entertaining but it wasn't scary... i'm sorry, I can't be terrified by CGI. The clown scene in the previews was terrifying, but became instantly stupid when it was a CGI clown wrestling with the boy!

Final Verdict- 6.5/10, it was entertaining, but really shouldn't have been made... in my honest opinion! Save your money and see it on cable or something.

This is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment