Wednesday, January 21, 2015

American Sniper

Hey, everyone, how are we today? I been really busy taking care of a few things here and there for everyday issues. I was able to see this telling of a true story of an American hero. Honestly, I have noticed there are many of these true life stories being made lately. Anyway, was this movie a snore fest, or did it move me at all? Lets find out:




American Sniper- Well, I have been hearing such great things about this movie I had to check it out myself. It seems as if Hollywood isn't rebooting old movies, they are making true stories based on true events. This has to be the third one I have seen in the past month and a half. The other two being, "Unbroken" and "Wild". This one, however, didn't drag like the other movies did, and maybe because there were so many things happening. Seeing through the eyes of a sniper, and what was expected of them in modern warfare. It really was eye opening and jaw dropping.

The plot- You follow the true life story of Chris Kyle (Bradley Cooper), during his time of service in Afghanistan. He earns the nick name "The Legend", due to his many confirmed kills. He served four tours of duty, which were all voluntary, and you have really respect this type of patriotism. Then you watch as he tries to desperately adjust to civilian life after his time in the war, such as being a husband, friend, and father to his children.

Bradley Cooper has come along way since his days of "Wedding Crashers" and "The Hangover". He has given an amazing performance, and he packed on 40 pounds of muscle for his role as a navy seal. I could honestly see him getting at least a nomination for this role. There was one pretty funny moment (not intentional), where his character and the wife were arguing, and he was holding the baby. It was really obvious the baby was a doll, and it was very distracting. When you see this movie, trust me you will see it. Plus, its been a long time since I have seen a movie, when it ended the movie theater was completely silent. This should give an idea of the impact this movie had on the audience.

Final Verdict- 9/10- Very inspiring film, great acting all around, a must see

This is it for now boys and girls, I will return with more reviews soon enough, this is Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment