Tuesday, July 1, 2014

They Came Together

Hey, everyone and welcome to another edition of Phil Goes to the Movies, and today we are going to tackle a movie genre I usually don't review. The infamous and formulaic romantic-comedy.... I mean I do watch them on occasion, and I don't see anything wrong with them. I just don't go and see them in the movies... because, well, the movies are expensive, and why go see something I already know the obvious ending too... Anyway, lets sit back as I review "They Came Together", lets dive in:







They Came Together- Ok, the girlfriend wanted to go see a romantic-comedy, so I said of course, lets do it! Well, getting ready to enjoy the movie with my lady, when this abomination begins. Basically, the plot, is two couples are on a double date. One fairly, new couple still very much in love, and a bored married couple. The new couple played by Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler are explaining how they met. Now, I have seen these two in previous films before and they are very funny people. Should be comedy gold, right? No! I get this awkward, telling of their story, and I think they were trying to be some sort of parody in the story. By making fun of stereotypical things in romantic-comedies, EXCEPT, it came off annoying and irritating.

My funny bone was no where near tickle... after watching this film for about 25 minutes, which was 25 minutes too long, my girlfriend and I looked at one another and said, "Lets get the fuck out of here." We went and got a refund and traded that in to see "Transformers 4: Age of Extinction." I'm literally writing this review while waiting in line for that movie.. hopefully that wont be a total suckfest like the movie we just left. Its been awhile since I have left the movie theater in the middle of a movie! FUCK THIS MOVIE! If you have read my blogs then you have witnessed me awarding a perfect 10/10 now feast your eyes on the FIRST EVER 1/10.

Final Verdict- 1/10, trying to be funny... only to come off like that annoying guy in the classroom you want to tell him to shut the fuck up! Don't see this movie!

I'll post my review on Transformers 4 tomorrow, until then this Phil Goes to the Movies, so you don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment